If you take care of your skin intensely then definitely you don’t admire the winter season. In winter dry air blows due to very low humidity and extreme cold weather that result in dry and rough skin. In winter dry air can lead to dry, red, and itchy skin and also cracking of lips and heels. Further excessive hot water and normal soap can also cause dryness of the skin.
As difficult as it may be, resist that urge to buy panic, buy cupboards full of lotions and potions after that first gust of winter wind! This combination of moisturizing and natural products, home remedies and the best tips for living will keep your skin healthy, happy and radiant throughout the winter. Additional care is required for the skin to look smooth and youthful.
You can combat the havoc caused by winter on your skin by following the tips written below:
- Wash face with lukewarm water: It is pleasant in winter to have a hot shower and bath but hot showers lead to dryness and etching of the skin, especially the face and hands. So use lukewarm water for a bath.
- Moisturize immediately after shower: Moisturize immediately after getting a shower to keep the skin hydrated. Try to use the moisturizer that suits your skin type. Try to choose organic moisturizers. Moisturize your hands frequently after every wash.
- Stay hydrated: The air is usually drier in winter whether you are inside or outside of your home resulting in evaporation from the body. To keep the skin hydrated drink more and more water.
- Exfoliate your skin: In order to eliminate dead skin cells exfoliation is important. If there are too many dead skin cells then moisture cannot penetrate in deeper layers. Use a scrub to keep your skin exfoliated. Use scrub twice a week on elbows, upper lips, face, and even legs.
- Don’t forget your hands: The skin on your hands has fewer sebaceous glands compared to the skin on any other part of the body. That’s why moisture escapes quickly from your hands, making them prone to cracks and itching. Apply a moisturizer before going out.
- Lip care: During cold and chilling winter lips get chapped, flaky, or cracked. Apply lip balm before going to bed. The best moisturizer for chapped lips is honey. Mix honey and glycerin and apply the mixture before bedtime to have soft and pink lips.
- Feet care: Winter season leads to cracked heels. To heal the cracked heels use lukewarm water to wash and apply moisturizer immediately. Try to prefer herbal foot care cream for cracked heels.